Soy sauce mixture:
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth (plus more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 12 ounces 100% whole wheat linguine (about 3/4 of a box)
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 an onion, sliced thin
- 1 package fresh broccoli florets
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 8 ounce package mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, oyster sauce, brown
sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and Sriracha (optional); set aside, reserving 2
tablespoons. In a large bowl, combine reserved 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture
and chicken; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package
instructions, drain well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add
chicken to the skillet/wok and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about
3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan to a plate. Add 2 more teaspoons olive oil
to pan. Add in onion, broccoli, carrots, red pepper strips, and mushrooms, stir fry for
6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Pour in soy sauce mixture and cook until
heated through, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and linguine back to vegetables.
Cook 2-3 minutes to combine flavors, add a little more chicken broth if needed.
Note: If you are cooking for kids or others who don’t prefer the spiciness of the
sriracha, you can always add a few drops to your own individual portion.
Nutrition Information: (per 1/7 of recipe)
- Calories: 429
- Total Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 454 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 50.6 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 33 g