This salad is delicious as a side when grilling out. It is packed full of mouthwatering flavors and good nutrition!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and ½-inch diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- ½ tsp freshly grated lime zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled, and ½ inch diced
- Place tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
- Just before serving, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 19 g
- Sat Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbohydrate: 25 g
- Fiber: 9 g
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa at Home