This is a great, super quick meal. Getting 3 servings of whole grains in your diet per day has been shown to reduce the risks of stroke, cancer, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease. Including more whole grains can also help with weight maintenance.
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 (1 1/4oz) pkg. reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup salsa or picante (from the produce section – less salt, more natural)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp dried currants or golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- In a large Ziploc, combine taco seasoning and chicken and shake to coat.
- Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Add salsa, preserves, water, currants, cilantro, lime juice, and corn.
- Cook 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 6 servings
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 4 g
- Sat Fat: 0
- Protein: 18 g
- Carbohydrate: 32 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g