- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add first 9 ingredients (onion through garlic)to large bowl. Mix together.
- In separate bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon or lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir with a whisk.
- Add dressing to beans and vegetables. Mix gently.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings
- Calories: 230
- Total Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 153 mg
- Carbohydrate: 18 g
- Fiber: 8.8 g
- Protein: 13 g