- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 celery stalks, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small white onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used shredded Publix Mojo rotisserie)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked long grain wild rice
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook until onions are translucent, stirring often.
- Add garlic, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chicken and chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring often. Cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk half and half, milk and flour together in a bowl. Whisk into soup until combined.
- Stir in wild rice and simmer for another 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 10.2
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Sugars: 3.5 g
- Protein: 20 g