- Cooking spray
- 10-12 sprigs fresh cilantro, rinsed
- 1 small tomato, rinsed
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh salsa (from produce section)
- 1 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 8 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Chop cilantro coarsely, place in medium bowl. Chop tomato finely, set aside.
- Remove meat from rotisserie chicken and chop coarsely; add to cilantro. Stir in beans, 1 cup salsa, and spinach. Spoon chicken mixture equally into center of tortillas. Roll tortillas around filling and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and cheese evenly over enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Serve enchiladas topped with guacamole salad.
**For a little more spiciness, add some fresh chopped jalapenos to the chicken filling.
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 11 g
- Sat Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 100 mg
- Sodium: 700 mg
- Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 36 g
10-12 sprigs fresh cilantro, rinsed
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, rinsed
1 small tomato, rinsed
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
3 medium avocados, rinsed
1 lime, for juice, rinsed
1 (8 oz.) bag shredded lettuce
- Chop cilantro coarsely, place in medium bowl. Cut jalapeno pepper in half (remove and discard seeds); chop finely and add to bowl. Chop tomato; add to bowl. Stir in onions, salt, pepper, and cumin. Cut avocados into quarters; then cut into bite-sized pieces. (Score the inside of the avocados in a crisscross pattern through the flesh, just down to the skin. Flatten skin slightly and slide knife across the bottom, next to the skin, to remove the cubes.) Stir into mixture.
- Squeeze juice of one-half lime (about 2 teaspoons) into salad; mix gently until
blended. Serve over shredded lettuce.
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 11 g
- Sat Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Makes 8 servings.
Serving size: 1 enchilada topped with ¼ cup guacamole salad.