This is so easy and so good! Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we did. 🙂
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, rinsed (optional)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set to the side.
- In a small bowl, add sundried tomatoes and a ladle full of boiling pasta water. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- In medium bowl or Ziploc, season chicken pieces with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked through. Remove from pan to a small plate or bowl.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, parsley, seasonings, and chopped sundried tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and heat through on medium heat.
- Stir in drained pasta with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss to coat.