The Food Police

Often, people think of dietitians or nutritionists as the food police.  Words like rigid or strict come to mind.  That isn't me.  The idea of perfection in regards to eating or other lifestyle habits, all or nothing type thinking,  is just not attainable and certainly not sustainable long term.

No one’s diet is perfect, and it doesn’t have to be.  I like the concept of the “80/20 rule” where 80% of the time you choose healthy and the other 20% is a little less than perfect,  instead of that all or nothing thinking that leaves no room for imperfection and reality.  This is the mentality that leads to either being “on a diet” or “off a diet”.  The key is to eat healthy most of the time while also being physically active which then leaves room for the extras and treats that are bound to come along.  If most of us could abide by that rule we would be well on our way to a healthy weight and a healthy body.

Feel stuck on the diet rollercoaster and don’t know how to get off?  Let me help you.  I can help you learn how to make real balanced nutrition a way of life.


  1. heather

    Fabulous! Thanks for being a great health coach and friend!

  2. earl w. montgomery

    Looks good Anna. You go girl. Love Dad


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *