With many of us cooking from home more I thought some of you might be looking for new, quick and easy recipes to liven things up. This is an oldy, but goody that I have posted before. We had it last week and it inspired me to write about it again. With its fresh, tart and crunchy goodness it just screams Summer vibes to me and every time we have it both my husband and I say we could live off of it.
Not only is it so tasty, it is super easy too. A little chopping, squeezing, draining, and voila you have a fresh meal ready to savor. I called ahead and had our shrimp peeled, deveined, and steamed with a little Old Bay from Southern Seafood. This is such a super convenient option and makes this recipe even easier to enjoy. If you aren’t a shrimp eater you could always do chicken or make it vegetarian and add another can of beans. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as we do!
Shrimp, Black Bean, & Avocado Wrap
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 bundle of fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 pound peeled, deveined, steamed shrimp with some Old Bay seasoning, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce
- Whole Wheat tortilla
Squeeze the lime juice into a large bowl and gradually whisk in the oil. Stir in the beans, red pepper, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, avocado, shrimp, salt and pepper. Let it sit for about a half hour. Lay 2 pieces of romaine lettuce onto tortilla and top with about a half cup or so of mixture. Fold in ends, wrap up, and enjoy!