Designed to Help You Begin to Make Peace with Food and Your Body.
Finding peace with anything in these uncertain, life-changing times may seem hard to do. You may find yourself, though, feeling a desire to approach certain things in your life differently. What better place to start than in the way you nourish and care for yourself?
Do you find yourself struggling with eating, turning to food to cope with emotions, and often feeling out of control with food – maybe now more than ever?
In our world full of diets, does deciding how to feed yourself or your family stress you out?
Do you jump from one diet to the next trying to find the one “perfect” plan? Have you tried so many diets you’ve lost count, only to end up right back where you started?
Have you lost your ability to distinguish between foods you like and the foods you feel like you “should” eat?
Do you obsess over the rules of eating and feel guilty when you don’t meet the idealistic (usually unrealistic) vision of “healthy eating”?
Do you struggle with body image and acceptance of your here and now body?
Have you heard or read about Intuitive Eating, but aren’t quite sure what it is or simply can’t quite figure out how to put it into practice in your own life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this course is the right place to start to find some peace with food, eating, and your body and move towards becoming an Intuitive Eater.
Intuitive Eating, The “Un-Diet”
Intuitive Eating provides a different way of thinking about food, our bodies, and our health ultimately taking the stress and struggle out of the equation. It is a process that helps us let go of the myth of dieting (which lead to deprivation, rebellion, and rebound weight gain). It means learning to trust your body and its signals and honoring your health. It is about unlearning, and relearning, how to pay attention to the messages of your body to meet your physical and emotional needs.
Intuitive Eating takes the focus off of the scale and rules and restrictions and puts it on health-promoting behaviors, improving body image, and finding peace and enjoyment with food. It is a process or framework that teaches a different approach to
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Why diets fail you, you don’t fail at them.
- How to eat in a way that is nourishing, enjoyable, and satisfying.
- To learn to let go of unhelpful thoughts about food and eating.
- How to stop counting calories, grams, macros, or points and just eat.
- How to resist the lure of diets and diet culture and stop yo-yo dieting once and for all.
- Become more mindful and recognize hunger and fullness signals.
- Eat previously forbidden foods (cookies, ice cream, candy) without feeling out of control.
- How to recognize and honor your emotions and learn other ways to cope besides turning to food.
- Develop ways to treat your body with respect, gratitude, kindness, and appreciation.
- To find confidence in your amazing body, regardless of the number on the scale.
- How to find joy and satisfaction in food and movement.
Week-by-Week Class Topics
- Week 1: Intro to Intuitive Eating and Ditching the Diet Mentality
- Week 2: Making Peace with Food and Honoring Your Hunger
- Week 3: Exploring Fullness & Satisfaction
- Week 4: Emotional Eating and Learning to Deal with Your Feelings without Using Food
- Week 5: Respecting Your Body and Finding Joy in Movement
- Week 6: Honoring Your Health with Gentle Nutrition
Intuitive Eating Essentials 6 week Online Course Details:
- Current Session Start date: Thursday, April 23rd, 2020, 5:30 pm EST
- 6 weekly hour-ish long small group live interactive classes
- Available recording of each class in case you miss one
- Weekly handouts and articles to help you put these Essentials of Intuitive Eating into practice
- Support from me and your classmates through a private Facebook group
- Price: $199